Professor Sandeep K. S. Gupta joined ASU in 2001 and is currently serving as the interim director of the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering. Prior to joining ASU, he held academic positions at Colorado State University (1996-2000), Duke University (1995), and Ohio University (1995-1996).
Gupta’s research interests include mobile and pervasive computing (location management, data caching, context-aware computing, and middleware), wireless sensor networking (energy-efficient and reliable data dissemination and aggregation protocols, security, and biomedical applications), and parallel and distributed computing (thermal-aware task allocation, multicast and broadcast protocols, and energy-efficient self-stabilizing protocols).
Ph.D., Computer Science, Ohio State University, 1995
Wireless networks, mobile and ubiquitous/pervasive computing, embedded sensor networks for biomedical applications, parallel and distributed computing
Honors and awards
- Best Paper Award in 4th Int’l Conf. on Intelligent Sensing and Information Processing, 2006
- Best Researcher Award, Senior Faculty, (SCIDSE) 2009
- TPC chair for Third Int’l Conf. on Body Area Networks (BodyNets 2008)
- Editorial Board Member of IEEE Communication Letters
- TPC Co-chair of GreenCom 2007