Jingrui He is an assistant professor in the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering at Arizona State University. She received her Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University. She joined ASU in 2014 and directs the Statistical Learning Lab (STAR Lab). Her research focuses on rare category analysis, heterogeneous machine learning, active learning and semi-supervised learning, with applications in social media analysis, healthcare, manufacturing process, etc. She is the recipient of the NSF CAREER Award in 2016, the IBM Faculty Award in 2015 and 2014 respectively and the IBM Fellowship in 2009 and 2008 respectively. She has published more than 60 peer reviewed articles, and is the author of the book on Analysis of Rare Categories by Springer.
Ph.D., Machine Learning, Carnegie Melon University, 2010
M.Sc., Machine Learning, Carnegie Melon University, 2008
M.Eng., Pattern Recognition and Intelligent System, Tsinghua University, 2005
B.Eng., Automation Technology, Tsinghua University, 2002
Heterogeneous machine learning, rare category analysis, active learning and semi-supervised learning, with applications in social network analysis, semiconductor manufacturing, traffic analysis, medical informatics, etc.
Honors and awards
- 2009, 2008: IBM Fellowship
- Publicity Chair for ICML 2015.
- Senior Program Committee for SDM 2015.
- Program Committee for WSDM 2015.
- Publicity Chair for ICML 2014.
- Program Co-Chair for SDM 2014 Workshop on Heterogeneous Learning.
- Chair for IEEE BigData 2014 Doctoral Consortium.
- Program Committee for ICML 2014, KDD 2014, ICDM 2014, SDM
- 2014, PAKDD 2014.
- Reviewer for NIPS 2014.