Professor Tim Lindquist joined ASU in 1985, and served the department of computer science and engineering at the Tempe campus as faculty member and associate chair. In 2000, he moved to the polytechnic campus where he has served as department chair, associate dean, director of computing studies, and interim dean of the college of science and technology. He has authored over 60 publications related to his research interests in software engineering for distributed and mobile systems, Web applications, and programming languages. In addition to summer faculty research appointments with the navy, and serving as a visiting scientist with the Institute for defense analyses, he was selected to serve on a NATO team to define software standards. He has been involved with ABET computer science accreditation for over a decade, and has served as a team chair and member of the ABET computing accreditation commission.
Ph.D., Computer Science, Iowa State University, 1979
M.S., Computer Science, Iowa State University, 1977
B.S., Math/Computer Science, Purdue University, 1973
Software Engineering, distributed and mobile systems, Web applications, and programming languages.
Honors and awards
- Professor of the Year, Corporate Leaders Program (2003)
- ABET Program Evaluator (2004-)
- ABET Computing Accreditation Commission member (2009-2014)
- ASEE/Navy Summer Faculty Fellow (1999, 2001)
- Visiting Professor, CRIN-CNRS-LORIA, Nancy France (1993)
- Visiting Scientist, Institute for Defense Analyses (1991)