Paolo Papotti works in the area of databases, with an emphasis on data integration and data quality. The overall goal of his research is to help people with heterogeneous backgrounds in making use of their data. He has authored more than 60 publications, and his work has been recognized with two Best of the Conference citations (SIGMOD 2009, VLDB 2015) and with a best demo award at SIGMOD 2015. He regularly serves as PC member for the most important conferences for databases, is an associate editor for the ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ), and is a recipient of a Google faculty research award (Fall ’15).
Ph.D., Computer Science, Universita’ Roma Tre, Italy, 2007
Master, Computer Science, Universita’ Roma Tre, Italy, 2003
Data management & big data curation
Honors and awards
- Best Demo Award at SIGMOD 2015
- PC Member Group Leader: SIGMOD (2016)
- Recent PC Member: WSDM (2016), SIGMOD (demo-2016), EDBT (2016, 2014-2012), VLDB (2015), ICDE (2015), SIGMOD (2013,2011), SIGMOD/VLDB Repeatability (2013-2010), WWW 2012.
- PC Chair: DaLi 2011, QDB 2011
- Associate Editor of the ACM Journal on Data and Information Quality (JDIQ).