Advising is always best face-to-face. You can make your own appointment using our online scheduler. If you cannot make it to campus, please request a phone appointment. Express Advising is offered at certain times of the year.
Schedule a CIDSE Advising Appointment
You can make an appointment with your academic advisor through the online advising appointment scheduling tool. Follow the steps below:
- Go to https://fultonapps.asu.edu/advising/ to access the Advising Appointment Scheduling Tool.
- Select “Current Student” if you have an ASU ID, or “Prospective Student” if you do not have an ASU ID.
- If you are an entering Freshman, you will meet with your academic advisor at Orientation. Go to ASU Student Orientation http://students.asu.edu/orientation.
- Log in with your ASURITE User ID and Password. Select your program from the dropdown list on the left side of the page.
- To view available appointments, select your academic advisor from the dropdown menu. Choose an open appointment slot that fits your schedule by clicking on “Make Appointment”.
- Enter the information requested and click on “Make Appointment” to reserve the time. A confirmation email will be sent to your ASU email account.
- Check your appointment time, or cancel or reschedule an appointment through the online appointment scheduling tool.
If you are unable to find your advisor’s calendar, please call the CIDSE Academic Advising Center at 480-965-3199 during regular business hours (8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm, Monday through Friday) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Tempe graduate inquiries or email@example.com for Polytechnic graduate inquiries or firstname.lastname@example.org for Tempe and Polytechnic undergraduate inquiries.
Online students currently in the major can schedule a phone appointment with their advisor in lieu of a face-to-face meeting. Online students should schedule their appointment during the time slots designated for Online Students. Prospective students who are not in the major will need to call our office at 480-727-3520 to schedule an appointment. If you need an appointment at a time that is not listed in the scheduling system, please call 480-727-3520. Your advisor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment with the exception of students outside the United States. We cannot make international calls; students from other countries will need to call our office number for their scheduled appointment (480-727-3520).
The CIDSE Advising Center always has Express Advising the week before classes begin and the first week of classes. Undergraduate and Graduate Advisors may add additional Express Advising hours to their schedule during different times of the year. Please check the online calendar to see when you advisor has Express Advising availability. Students will be seen on a first come first serve basis. Express Advising is available for students with quick questions or registration issues. Students who have questions that may exceed a 15 minute window may be asked to schedule a follow-up, 30-minute appointment.
Undergraduate Online Student Advising
Online students can schedule a phone appointment with their advisor in lieu of a face to face meeting. Online students or prospective online students should schedule their appointment times during the time slots designated for Online Students. If you need an appointment at a different time please call 480-965-3199 to schedule your appointment. Please make sure to call into our office at the time of your scheduled appointment (make sure to note any possible time change if you are calling from out of state or out of the country). Our office phone number is 480-965-3199. We cannot make international calls.
Preparing for a meeting with your advisor
- Be ready to discuss your situation, plans, and goals with an open mind.
- Be honest with your advisor and yourself.
- Be prepared to discuss the information you have gathered that is relevant to your goals for the meeting.
- Ask questions! This is your chance to find out everything you ever wanted to know about your situation at ASU.
- Make sure you leave with copies of notes taken and materials given to you during your appointment.
- Prospective Graduate Students: Please bring a copy of your transcripts with you or forward a copy to the advisor before your scheduled appointment.